Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Surprise Feature - Quilling by Sandra White

For this week at Handmade Artists, our blog ring leader has decided that we are to do a feature on a surprise artist.  Now I am not saying that this artist work is a surprise, but her work is amazing and since I also do some of this type of work, I was completely surprised by the detail in her work.  Obviously, I need to practice for many more years before I could claim to be an artist in this realm.

The artist I am speaking of is Sandra White of Quilling by Sandra White.  Click on the link and it will take you to her shop and you can see for yourself the awesomeness of her work.  I had been playing around with this age old art of quilling for a while, but when I saw her work, I was inspired to do more study and much more practice.  There is no comparison that I have found to the detail and beauty of her work.

Sandra is from New Hampshire and she has been creating these beautiful pieces since 1975.  As she says, times have changed from her first show, selling ornaments to what she does today.  You can clearly see her love for the outdoors in her work.  Nature and quilling have never come together quite so beautifully as they do in Sandra's work.

Let's take a look and you will see why I admire this artist so much.  She in undeniably the most talented quilling artists I have ever seen.



I found this beautiful piece on her Facebook page.  Go take a look, you won't be disappointed.


This gorgeous Puffin, aahhhh-maaa-zzzing

Can't you just see this Loon in flight?

I can see this Monarch butterfly flitting around my house, can't you?
















I hope that you enjoy looking at all the beautiful things Sandra has to offer and be sure to check out her links. 

Handmade Artists Shop
Facebook
Google+

Be sure to visit Sandra and while you are there check out all the other amazing artists. You will find only handmade on this site.

Be blessed,
Pam

4 comments:

myeuropeantouch said...

Pam , I didn't even thing about this art....she is awesome. Thanks for a great feature....
Monika

Debbi Huntington said...

the quilling is awesome, but the open cutwork mat she puts on top makes it look so....finished. if you know what I mean. :0)
Debbi
-YankeeBurrow

Teresa Ivey said...

Wow she does beautiful work. Great post

Debbie Rodgers said...

Really beautiful work! Great blog post Pam.