Thursday, June 26, 2014

Featuring A Dynamic Duo


This feature is about two people who are absolutely unstoppable.  I am not sure they even take a minute to breathe.  Well of course they do, but you catch my drift.  Very busy and extraordinarily talented in many areas.  Yes and I am talking about Larissa and her husband, Eric. 

As Larissa says in her profile, she sees herself as "a lawyer, teacher, face painter, artist, photographer, sewer, knitter, baker, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend and pet owner".  Whew that is a lot. Plus, they are now beekeepers.  Imagine that.  Oh and she forgot one.  She also gardens, grows her own veggies and stuff.  Takes my breath.

Larissa created amazing hives for her bees, hand painted with Winnie the Pooh characters and fish and it was awesome.  I am sure her bees just love their home. 

Her husband Eric, loves to cook, smoke and grill and has developed his very own sauces which he just bottled for sale and shipment and on his way home from bottling, sold many cases out of his car.  God has truly blessed this couple and now you will see first hand the results of all those blessings.  Just take a look and then I will tell you all the places you can find them.

These beautiful cards show off some stunning roses that she photographed in New Jersey and in the Bronx.  I just want to put them to my nose to take a sniff.

Below you will see a design entirely Larissa's own.  You will not find this anywhere else in the world.  She started out making one of these for her nephew, I believe for a gift and as she progressed she showed her work to many artists at Handmade Artists Forum in our "What are You Doing Today" feed.  Isn't it amazing.


Oh, I also forgot to tell you, Larissa is an actress.  The photo below is based on her character "Flossie" in a theatre production of "Cinderella Confidential".  She also made each one of the cast members a "Flossie the Cow" as keepsakes.  She also created a lot of the costumes for that production. 


Now lets move on.

And here we have her hand knitted wash cloths.  Yep, scarves, mittens, washcloths, you name it, she does it.











Here we have some of her other talents.  She makes candles, soap, insect repellents to name a few.















 Fudge Chunk Soap
Shaving Oil



















Lip Balm


















 Insect repellent


















Moving On again.

Face Painting. Isn't this amazing? 
Wild Animals









Fairies













Domestic Animals












So as you can see, Larissa can do it all and Eric, he pretty much does it all too, here is his sauce.

So there you have it, or at least a synopsis of the awesomeness of this amazing couple.  I don't know about you but I am totally envious of this talent even though I would never try to do all these things, why try when I can just make a few clicks and have it shipped to my door.

Oh and here is just a glimpse at the beehive.  She is a fantastic artist, all of this is freehand and yes, we can show it and she can use it because it is not an item that is for sale, so there is no infringement on any one's rights. At least I hope not.

Now for my earlier promise, here is where you can find them.

https://handmadeartists.com/shop/ReefBotanicals
https://handmadeartists.com/shop/FabricOfMyMind
http://njfacepainter.com

So there.  There is no excuse.  Let's go shopping.

Have a blessed day

Pam

7 comments:

myeuropeantouch said...

Pam, what a fabulous job, you made ME tired just reading about it....LOL
MOnika

lisianblue Kris said...

Wow Pam, great feature on Larissa & Eric! They take my breathe away too with all they do! Larissa is such a great supporter of handmade.

Larissa said...

Wow, that was comprehensive! You've found everything we've set our hands, to, I think!

Teresa Ivey said...

Great feature Pam. For me the best thing is their line of natural products.

Debbie Rodgers said...

Awesome post! So many fun pictures. That BBQ sauce looks yummy!

John Rasmussen said...

Yep, I actually was not last this time. But you did a fantastic job with the post. thanks for all that you do to promote handmade artists/crafters

john

Debbi Huntington said...

great job Pam....I think you covered pretty much everything! shared. lol
Debbi
-YankeeBurrow