Saturday, June 15, 2013


Ooops, I almost did not get this published in time,I thought I had it in my schedule but oh well, let's talk about our Featured Artist week from the Handmade Artists Forum.  Alix of TheAlchemistsVessel. Our theme for this week is Vacation.



Alix is one of the most talented artists that I have seen in a long time.  She is dedicated to her art and she also happens to be my friend.  How does that saying go "a rolling stone gathers no moss"?  Well let me tell you that there is no moss growing on this artist.  She is one busy lady.  Below are a couple of things that just remind me of some vacations I have had in the past. 







First is the "Plum Good Glass Bottle with Plum rice".  First of all I simply love this color and secondly, vacations are just "plum good" don't you think.When I am on vacation, I tend to wear more of this type of jewelry because it is light and whimsical.

















Now for the second item, there is this beautiful ring that Alix created using Malachite and sterling silver.  I love the elusiveness of the design on the ring and the color of this genuine gemstone reminds me of the waters in the Bahamas.  Now that is a vacation to die for.  A cruise to the Bahamas would be really nice right now wouldn't it.










Another item that is a must have on any vacation are hair accessories.  Now me, I hate leaving the beach til the very last minute and a quick shower is all I usually allow myself time for on vacation before heading out for some good eats in a vacation location.  So stretchy knotted hair ties are just the trick.  Just pull up that hair, tie it up and off you go.  You could also pick up a few extras, just to wear as bracelets.  They are that cute.  My personal preference are the blues. You can get these from PineappleSpiceGirl at Handmade Artists Shops






If you have shorter hair or thinner hair, sweep your hair up on one side and clip it with the lovely "Pretty In Pink" paper quilled hair clip by yours truly A Bead Thing.  These are very sturdy and coated to allow you to use them in damp hair.  Now don't go running out into the rain with them however. 









I hope that you have enjoyed my trip and that you will visit these shops to take a look around.  You may just find some of those "must haves" to take on vacation with you.

Be Blessed
Pam

5 comments:

Debbie Rodgers said...

Great post Pam! Many beautiful items!

Debbi Huntington said...

"plum good" LOL....yes they are, and so are all the items you shared.
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Colette said...

Love those items you picked.

The Alchemist said...

What a great post, Pam. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I love that paper flower, really amazing.

Pam Andrews said...

Thanks Alix. all of your pieces are amazing, it makes it difficult to choose.