Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Honor

I just wanted to take a moment to honor those who have died in wars in this country.  They have either died for our liberation, our choices, and now to prevent others in the world from being conquered or from attempting to conquer us yet again.  I am not a believer in war, but I do respect those who have fought and died for us.  I spent many nights writing letters and putting together packages for those in Iraq and Afghanistan and possibly thousands of dollars overall.  I would do it all again.  Those serving deserve it. But out support of them while they are serving does not end there, it needs to continue.  The service men and women come back changed people and rightly so. It is hard for them to re-enter "normal" society, hard to not look over their shoulder, hard for them to forget the noises, the silences, the fears.  Many cannot ever forget because they have live with the physical daily reminders and they all also live with the emotional daily reminders.  They simply don't forget but many of us do. Let us NOT do that.

With permission from a friend on my facebook page I would like to add a few pictures to just bring an end to this day for us.  Let us always remember that Memorial Day is a day to honor the dead who have given us the life we lead today.






Thank you Matthew Thomas Zeimer.  Your sacrifice is honored today and I will always remember the things that you gave your life for.







I will always remember you.




I am sorry for what you have endured and I will see you on the other side.  Thank you to all those who gave their lives for me and the rest of us in this country.






Let us never forget.  Thank you to Sparrow Six-Five for the use of the pictures from her facebook page on this oh so personal blog today.

Be blessed
Pam

No comments: