Saturday, April 6, 2013

Featured Artists for Week April 7

   
This weeks feature is one of my favorites in the Handmade Artists World.  She does such a variety of work that she has actually branched out and created two shops.  This one The Alchemists Vessel has a lot of variety and you can spend all day long just looking at all the individual pieces of work.

This artists in her own words says "Eclectic and fun, I try to bring a sense of whimsy and femininity to the pieces I create. As a self-taught artisan I find that not being confined to the traditional allows me to be freer in my designs."  I could not have said it better, truly. She has beautiful designs and I am always sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what she comes up with next.  Me I play around with ideas in my head, not Alix, she actually gets them done.  She is awesome.

Not only is she a wonderful artisan but she is a wonderful friend.  She is a bit zany, and that is great; she is a bit funny, and that is amazing, she can laugh at herself and that is awesome.  Can't say enough about the person I have come to know.  But I digress, let's get back to her work.  Here are some of my favs from

TheAlchemistsVessel.

This is lovely is called the "Peek-a-Boo" bracelet. It is described as substantial and supple and a tailored look for the office as well as a fabulous date night accessory.

Here we have the bold look using some common hardware items.  This is one of the ideas I had been playing around with, but Alix has done a much better job with this design, so I am simply going to defer to her talents.

 
This is a lovely piece as well and it is called Ants Chainmaille and Czech glass bead bracelet.
It is a beautiful display of Alix chainmaille work.

Now let's move on to another shop.

BlackbirdMetalWorks is a division of the TheAlchemistsVessel.  Here you will find Sterling Silver and Fine Jewelry pieces created by Alix from her myriad of design talents.  You will have a very hard time choosing which piece to purchase.

Here are a couple of pieces that I love.

This Filigree Leaf Motif Sterling silver ring is absolutely gorgeous.  Hand created by Alix with love and attention to detail.  This is a piece that will last your lifetime and you will be showing it off to everyone you see.

This beautiful ring is just to die for.  The deep green of the malachite with the markings of the stone are beautiful when handset in this sterling silver and hand soldered and detailed band.  The band is also stamped sterling silver.  I am saving my pennies here.
Another shot of this beautiful ring.

Make sure that you check out each piece in the collection of jewelry that is created with a passion unmatched by many. 

You can find Alix at the following locations.


https://handmadeartists.com/shop/BlackbirdMetalworks

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheAlchemistsVessel
http://handmadeartists.com/shop/TheAlchemistsVessel
http://www.facebook.com/alchemistsvessel
http://alchemistsvessel.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/chainedup/

http://www.linkedin.com/in/alchemistsvessel

No excuses, go take a look.

I hope you have enjoyed this feature, if so, please leave a comment and share to your social networks so others may investigate the talents of Alix.

Be Blessed


3 comments:

Yankee Burrow Creations said...

wow...I love that bolt bracelet. what a neat idea!
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Teresa R said...

Alix sure is a talented lady and so much fun to be around! Love her work!

The Alchemist said...

Wow, Pam. Thank you so much for the wonderful post. I need a tissue now.:D