Wednesday, March 27, 2013

NEW FEATURE


Our blog ring feature for the week is A Bead Thing at Handmade Artists shops.  So since this happens to be my shop, I decided that I would not "toot my own horn" this time and instead give you a view of some of the shops of my friends there.  Now mind you, I can't possibly show you ALL of my friends, but I will give you a taste of the company I keep there.  Trust me and I do mean TRUST ME, when I say that you will want to grab a cup of coffee, maybe a danish or two and make sure the kids are set in front of a really entertaining movie on TV with a stack to continue on because you are going to need a bit of time to see everything that you will undoubtedly want to take a look at here.

First, let me show you just a taste of the items you will find.

MulchandMore has been crafting for most of her life beginning her learning curve with her father who had learned to knit in grade school knitting scarves for WWI soldiers and then learning to spin her own yarn from her mother, lessons she has never forgotten and continues to use while learning new methods/techniques and other crafts.  She also pours her own soy candles.  Talk about handmade.

Then here comes WyndwalkerCreations who really loves creating beautiful pieces where it is jewelry or leather bags or many other items.

OK, let's keep moving along here to BlackbirdMetalworks.
Take a look
This artist also has another shop at this wonderful site TheAlchemistsVessel.  She does some amazing chainmaille and not only is it amazing, it is mini-maille.  She works with some of the tiniest jump rings.Here is one of her creations.

Then of course there are many many others.  Trusk4u. 
With her variety, you could probably find many items to suit your fancy here plus she has a brick and mortar shop for all the local handmade artists in the Mebane, NC area, so if you are close to there, be sure to stop by and say hello and tell her Pam sent you. First take a look



Looking for something to spruce up your home, well look no further than MyEuropeanTouch for some delightful mosaic items or some decadent decorated frames.




















Or you may like to see some of YankeeBurrowCreations beautiful items. Here is just one of what you will find here.


Or take a look at MakintheBestofIt for some beauties like this

And don't forget to stop by Uniqlets for some delectable delights. From steampunk to recreating vintage.  You will want to make sure to stop by.

Had enough yet.  Oh no there is more, much much more.

Just click on this link and have yourself a grand ole time Handmade Artists.   Oh yea and don't forget to register for the site, it is free and check out the forum where you can meet and chat with many of these artists, one to one.  Or prefer to talk to several at once, come to Thursday evening chat night, yep. You will find us there.

Ya'll come back ya here.

Be blessed.
Pam

2 comments:

Teresa R said...

What a fantastic post! Thank you dear for including me! I am flattered to be among such talent! :)

The Alchemist said...

Great post Pam. What a fun look at all the unique and different things you can find. The site amazes me, every time I log on there is something new that catches my eye.