Thursday, March 21, 2013

FEATURING HANDMADE ARTISTS FORUM

This is without a doubt one of my favorite places to visit.  I visit the Handmade Artists Forum everyday and I do mean every single day.  You will find me online there many, many times each day.  WHY?  Well if you have to ask why, then you obviously have not visited and you must absolutely correct that situation immediately.

I have found some amazing friends on this forum, and though we have never met, I know that I can count on them for their support, comfort, and giving me a hip, hip hooray when I need it or deserve it. The folks there are simply amazing.  All are very nice.  I don't think I have seen one (no not one) negative comment on any of the many, many threads in this forum since I began my daily jaunts there over a year ago. Trust me when I say, that for there to never be negative comments, is saying something indeed.  I have visited many forums and other social outlets for groups of people and without fail, there are always a few who just simply can't be happy for themselves much less anyone else and therefore are always making negative comments about one or another thing.  Well not on the Handmade Artists Forum.

Though I was not there at the beginning (my loss) the Handmade Artists.com site began only as a forum and it has now grown to include shops for handmade artists to present their art for sale to the public in a completely handmade arena.  Nothing is allowed except handmade items whether it is bath and beauty products, candles, journal books, jewelry, clothing or crochet and knitwear.  It must be handmade or it is not allowed.

Now back to the forum, everyone is welcome.  You don't have to have a shop there to become part of the forum or to participate in any of the threads.  You simply have to register and then you can participate to your hearts content and you will love it.  You will find all sorts of topic threads to view.  There are general discussions in which we have a thread entitled "What are you doing today?".  This  is probably the favorite for many as we can post what we have lined up for the day or questions for one another or just vent about an issue the day has placed in our path.  There is always advice or just simply someone to say, "sorry you are having a bad day"

And the greatest part of the whole thing is the site owners.  They are two of the most caring and loving individuals that I have had the pleasure to deal with ever in my professional life of over 40 years.  They really care about handmade and the people who create it.  There are there on the forum at some point each and everyday checking in to see if they are needed, answering questions, sharing your art and just saying congrats on a job well done.  You don't find that anywhere else.

You can post pictures of what you are working on or perhaps even something you are looking for if that is what you want to do in a thread you start yourself.  Need to destash so that you can restock with fresher or newer materials especially if your art is heading in a different direction, well you can start a thread and just put it out there and yep, you are sure to be able to find someone who needs it.  What could be better?

Well, I could ramble on and on and one about the forum, there are such wonderful things to see there and so many wonderful people to meet.  For instance, you absolutely must meet Monika of MyEuropeanTouch.  She does the most amazing mosaics.  You will also want to meet Larissa and Eric of Reef Botanicals where you will find wonderful soaps, candles and more all from their own recipes and never using poor quality fragrances.  Then of course there is Debbi at Yankee Burrow Creations where you will find items for your home, or a scarf or hat for yourself and even some delightful jewelry.  Trust me when I say you want to meet Debbie and John of ThunderRoseLeather who have beautiful leather handbags, pipe bags and more.

Now when you click on any of the links you will be directed to their shops, however, just click on the forum and most anytime you will be able to actually speak to anyone one of the above folks and many,many more that I am honored to call my friends, like daydreamz, wyndwalkercreations, thealchemistsvessel, iknitquiltsew just to name a few more.

So be sure to stop by and take a look around.  I just know you will find friends there and you will be as hooked as I am on the Handmade Artists Forum

Be Blessed
Pam

5 comments:

Karen and Dakota said...

Wow what a wonderful post Pam. You said it, the forum is my favorite place to visit everyday also.

Yankee Burrow Creations said...

I love that place...I've even started to spend more time there then facebook. lol
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Debbie Rodgers said...

Great post Pam! Thanks so much for including Thunder Rose Leather in your post.

April Grinaway said...

HAF is a great place for friendly, creative artists !

Wings N Scales said...

Dang Pam...you are good! I love your article on HAF. It is by far my best place to hang out when I have some extra time. Chris...aka wingsnscales