Monday, January 14, 2013

Reflections Featured Artist

Well, I guess I did something really wrong, the blog god did not like.  I did this post last week as I was supposed to do and it was shared and even commented on, then for some reason it just went out into netherland and disappeared.

There is simply nothing this wonderful artist from Albuquerque, NM does not do and she does it very well or as she says, "if I can't do it well, I won't do it".  She grew up drawing for hours and hours and dreaming of becoming an artists.  Well you know what happens to most of us, life gets in the way and it did to Kris as well, but not completely, because now she is making up for lost time.  She does absolutely everything, beautifully.

Anyway,  Kris is the owner of a couple of shops on the Handmade Artists site.  One is Reflections


 Kris, loves art in all mediums.  She paints, she works with stain glass and she knits and crochets.  There is no end to her talents.  The Reflections shops is where Kris lists her stained glass pieces which are by the way just stunning and she also lists here her painted glass ornaments.  Now keep in mind that these ornaments are not just for Christmas.  You can have these hanging around year round to add a touch of beauty to your space.  She also has some lovely wind chimes that she has created with stained glass.  

One of my favorite pieces is her stained glass butterfly pendant.  Take a look


Another favorite is the Almost White Black Bear.  This is a piece that I would love to have hanging in my kitchen window.




Now to her other shop. lisianblue.  This shop name comes from the lisianthus flower and she especially loves the blue ones so she combined these into her shop name 'lisianblue'. 



Here you will find her love of crochet.  She does hats, baby booties, hair clips, scarves.  Want something a bit different, just let her know, she will certainly figure it out.

Here are a couple of items from her lisianblue shop.  Remember you just must go take a look at her shops to see everything as there is just not room for me to show you everything, so I am showing you my favs.

I just love this Winter Cloche with a Roaring 20' look.



You can also, get washcloths from Kris.  Love these colors and they match my bath, hmm.  What to do, to do.

But better than the amazing crochet items, more than the beautiful stain glass pieces, more than all of these things combined.  I get to call this amazing artist my friend.

Check her out here

Lisianblue Handmade Artist Shop
Reflections Handmade Artist Shop
Lisianblue Blog

Have a good look around and be sure to come back for the next featured artist.

Be blessed.
Pam




4 comments:

lisianblue Kris said...

Aw Pam, your very sweet post put a big smile on my face and then I got to the "I get to call this amazing artist my friend" line - and I had tears added to that smile! Have to tell you, I have a hat like the one you featured, flower is a little different, I probably get at least 3 or more compliments on it every time I wear it, which is often in this cold weather! But, you probably don't need something this warm in Fl. or do you?

Debbie Rodgers said...

Great post Pam!

Yankee Burrow Creations said...

it is a great post, and I love how we all became friends on HA....you can never have too many friends.
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Faith said...

I did see her handpainted ornaments, they capture old fashion charm of yesteryear, she does a beautiful job.