Sunday, August 19, 2012

Getting Frustrated with Your Beading!!!

Have you ever had a day when you had just a teensy bit of beading to do and it would finish a project that you have had laying around for a bit waiting to be completed.  Yeah, well me too, except that today, I decided this is the day I am going to get this piece done.  It is a beautiful necklace made with what is called the Chenille stitch.  I really like it and want to get it listed in my shop

Let me just say that I have never been a quitter, so I don't usually give up.  But today, I think I may have to.  Not quit, just give up for today.  Problem is, my spirit is telling me that "you can do this, it is just a simple peyote stitch".  Yeah, OK, that's true and I have done plenty of peyote stitch in recent months.  This piece in particular calls for a tubular peyote stitch to create the end cap for the necklace in order to have a place to attach the clasps. I have done tubular peyote as well, many times.

So what's going on today.  I am just not sure but it is very frustrating.  I have started this end cap, oh let's see, I think I stopped counting at 10.  I tried it holding it with my fingers (I have pretty big fingers and long nails), that did not work.  I tried getting it started and placing it on a skewer so that I could bead around it until I had several rows done, then it should just be a snap to finish.  I mean I only need like 8 or so rows, for heavens sake.  Nope, nothing working. 

So I decided to put it down, take a break, do a little blogging and you got it, this is what comes out, so again, I think, no, gotta really take a break.  I went to sit with my daughter for a bit and we discussed a very recent order possibility that came through Facebook, watched a little TV.  Nothing really interested me, so after discussing the details of the order and what we needed to get, I decided to come back to my little corner of the world where I create my jewelry, do other odd jobs and see if it would work this time.  But you guessed it, I decided to just give it a rest. 

The way I look at it is this, there is obviously a reason why I am having such a hard time with such a simple stitch that I have often completed without problems.  I think there must be something else that needs to be done. Therefore, I have decided to complete this blog, take a trip over the to forum at Handmade Artists Shops, check my shop, make some adjustments or add a piece or two and then turn in for the night.  Since I am a notorious night owl, this will be very early turn in for me.

I hope you enjoyed my little trip of frustration and hopefully, you might find some insight from my troubles with a teensy little stitch today.  If nothing else, I get a really good laugh at myself for not paying attention to that tiny little voice in my head that tells me what to do.  I know better, I will do better.

Enjoy the blog, take a look around and do leave comments or suggestions as to how you overcome these silly sorts of days.

Love to all and may God Bless you richly.
Pam

2 comments:

Teresa Rusk said...

Oh dear! I've had many a day like that myself.
SOmetimes I just have to let it be for awhile and then go back and finish. Good luck!

Pam Andrews said...

Thank you, that does make me feel a bit better. I have put it aside, just that it has already been sitting here for a month calling to me to be finished. LOL. I'll get it, I'm not a quitter so I will figure out what I am doing wrong and fix the problem. Thanks for the comment