Sunday, February 5, 2012

First New Endeavor

OK folks, I have decided that I need to learn bead weaving and truly it is not that hard.  I have made a couple of rings.  However, I am having some difficulty with needles.  Any help anyone could give me would be oh so GREAT.  I have watched several bead weaving videos made on the "Jewelry Making Professor" website by Eri Attebery.  She does such wonderful work and her videos are great teaching aides.  The one thing that I find distressing is that she does not mention the type of needle she is using with her monofilament thread.  I have looked and looked, paused the video over and over again to try to see the needle end.  It does not look as though there is an eye to the needle.  The thread simply looks like an extension of the needle which it may truly be however, I have not been able to find anything online or in stores that resembles her needles.

If I use my collapsible needles they work for the most part, but then in the smaller seed beads or those less expensive ones that not at all consistent in size but still usable in many designs, well if I thread the needle like I would in sewing the needle will go through the bead but not the eye with a double thread even though it knows it only has a short distance to go to be on a single thread (lol) but then I can't thread more than once through those beads anyway which is a disaster in bead weaving. Right?  HELP.  Anyone.

I would really like to find out what type of needle looks like hers and then the wire or monofilament is simply an extension of the needle, anybody know what I am talking about.  PLEASE HELP.  If you happen to know how to get in touch with Eri Attebery then please let me know so that I can ask for her help directly.  I truly appreciate it.

Thanks, much appreciation.



No comments: