Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Next Piece, Gimme Your Opinion

Ok, on networked blogs yesterday, I promised today there would be a new piece.  I have been working on this a couple of days.  Of course it was not non-stop.  There is a 3 year old living in my house remember.  Anyway, I have been looking at other folks "S" Swirls, that's what I call them, I don't know about you.  Anyway, telling myself, "I have to get better at this, there must be a trick to this."  Well I did the piece on my last post, well actually my daughter did the pendant and I did the necklace to put it on.  If you look at the last post, you will see it.  I used 'closed' "S" swirls with 'figure 8' links to connect.  I loved the look.  It was made for a friend to give as a gift.  The recipient of the gift loved it, she put it on immediately and told her mother, "mom, get her card, I want some more, so here we go.  Thanks Lord.

Anyway, back to the reason I am here today.  I have some Ecru glass pearl beads of 3 different sizes and wanted to use them.  I wanted to create something that could be worn out and dressed up or to the office or just to the supermarket.  So I did not want to the  above mentioned 'closed' "S" swirls.  I wanted them more open, but had been having lots of trouble getting them to look the way I wanted.  So, here is what I did,  TIP OF THE DAY FROM A BEADED AFFAIR>  Using round nose pliers at the largest part of the pliers, I started my curl, then rather than use my flat nose pliers (no ridges) I used my nylon covered pliers that I generally only use to straighten my wire if it gets a little kink in it.  Well those pliers have paid for themselves, literally.

Take a look and see what I mean.

ALL THAT TO SHOW THIS:



I think they turned out spectacularly.  The beads are called Ecru, however, there is one that has a bit of a matte finish with a gray gone and the other is a bit shinier and a bit more Ecru or "off white".  The smallest bead is 8 mm, then 10 mm, then 12 mm I think.  Sorry, I did not measure them and it was not on the packaging.  I used 16 gauge silver colored copper wire, "Zebra Wire".  It was great to work with, I really like it.  This was the first time I had ordered Zebra Wire and though I will try other types of wire, I really like the way this wire handles.  The curls at the bottom of the earrings are of 20 gauge wire simply because the largest of the 3 bead sizes would not accommodate the 16 gauge.  The only components not handmade are the ear wires and the beads.

Ok, let me have it.  Tell me what you think and be honest, I can take it.

Be sure to check back often as there will be more new pieces this week.  Not sure when, but my daughter is working on another piece similar to the last post. called Swirls and Curls.  This time she is working with gold colored copper wire and the necklace, well I have yet to decide.  I guess it depends on the type of stone she uses in the inner circle.  I used the "S" swirls on the Swirls and Curls because of the swirl in the stone. 

Ok, gotta run, other blogs to post and lots of networking to get done, and it is very very late here.  I need my beauty rest as well you see.  I have to go sell real estate in the morning and these days that is no simple task.  Wish me luck.

And again, let me know what you think of "Pearls and Swirls".

Good Night
Pam


No comments: