Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another day

Hi everyone,
I wanted to stop by and post a few encouraging words and a few photos for everyone to see.  We have a new creation we would like to share.  I think it turned out beautfully.  We were trying some new wire wrapping and this is one we found that we really liked.  This is the work of a student wire wrapper, but it was really very easy to do and did not take a lot of time. 


We have used Jet Cat's Eye beads here which I think are really lovely.  The base is made from 16 gauge gold wire and the beads are attached using a 20 gauge wire.  The 20 gauge wire made attaching the beads a bit more difficult so the next one we did we tried it with 22 gauge wire.  That turned out a bit easier to work with, but we still want to try other gauges, perhaps a 24 or 26 gauge wire.  The free tutorial we were working with used 28 gauge wire but with a 6 mm bead we decided we needed a bit stronger, heavier wire so now we will use the trial and error method.  I really think 24 gauge wire will work well for this size bead.  The 28 gauge wire is really good for a 4mm bead however.  We obtained this free tutorial from a great website that I found searching for new providers of beads, tools and wire.  This site is full of "teachers" who share their tutorials either for free or for a fee.  It is great information.  Take a look at your earliest convenience if you have not already.  http://www.jewelrylessons.com/

We have already made a second cross using a turquoise glass bead.  However, I can't show a photo of this one yet.  It seems I am going to need to take a photography class to get that part of jewelry making down.  I took probably 30 photos of the newest cross and not one of them was, show worthy.  My next attempt will hopefully go much better.  I will try in the daylight in my patio work are which is full of sunlight.  I will post a photo if they turn out well.

I also wanted to share some other pieces that my daughter and I have come up with.  Just for fun.


An anklet using seed beads and lovely little leaf charms on a stretch nylon cord. It is a lightweight piece and you hardly ever know that you have it on.  I wear it a lot and get a lot of compliments on it.  We do have one listed on our artfire studio as well.

Another piece I am very proud of is this lovely aqua and turquoise glass teardrop necklace.  We used the aqua, silver and black beads together.  The black beads actually seem to draw the eye to the necklace and then you see the teardrop.  It was designed originally for  my daughter-in-law for Christmas and she loved it so much that we decided to list it on our studio as well.  Of course we can make the length whatever the wearer chooses.





My grandson really liked the teardrop necklace.  He regularly judges my designs and my daughters creations.  This one he labeled "just beautiful".  Some he labels "chilly".  Those he calls "chilly" we know that he does not particularly like.  Actually, we have found that if we change the "chilly" ones slightly to get a better judgment call from him, then we really do like it better.  "Out of the mouths of babes" right?

I thought I would leave you tonight with a photo of my grandson.  He is the love of my life and I can't imagine life without him.  Of course, he is also a handful, but he keeps me young at heart if not in body.  He is just too cute and I thought you might enjoy these photos of him and his "all day lollipop".




You gotta love'em right?

Time to say good night.  I hope you enjoyed the pieces I have shown you here tonight and get a chuckle from Jaeden.  I will post more as he does love to pose for the camera as you can see.

I would love to hear from you so, post whatever you would like, or link to my blog and let me know so that I can link to you as well.  I am always on the hunt for fellow artisans.  Have a wonderful evening and a great Thursday.


No comments: